ROOM TOUR: A HAPPY & BOHO GIRL'S RETREAT

iklan 336x280 atas
336x280 tengah
300x600

ROOM TOUR: A HAPPY & BOHO GIRL'S RETREAT


I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – kid’s rooms are my favorite rooms to style and design! You can throw the ‘rules’ out of the window, let loose and just have fun with the design.
I teamed up again this year with my clients and now friends from Nola Happy Home to create a very special (and extra happy) space for their daughter, June (9). She has the sweetest and most thoughtful personality and was an angel of a client to work with. I mean – she welcomed me into her space and pretty much loved everything I suggested and even gave me a special thank you gift with a hand written note. Her mama raised her right! Before we dive into all of the photos, let’s take a quick peek at what her room looked like before:
IMG_8452.jpeg
Amazing what a little paint, some wallpaper and a rug can do, right? We painted the walls BM Chantilly Lace (my go-to white) and layered a fun shag rug on top of the carpet. I love the texture and warmth it adds!
And how incredible is that succulent mural from Anewall?! They have a whole selection of beauties, but the playful softness of that one really spoke to me and set the tone for the room. We kept her bed, but replaced everything else with affordable and kid-friendly decor and furniture. The goal was to keep things fun and playful, but with a polished and stylish edge. A room she can grow into, if you will.
junes-room-2.jpg
In addition to all things pretty and cozy, we wanted to make sure she had a place to do homework, draw and be creative in general. We found that desk from Target and its the perfect size for a kid! It’s also very affordable and well-made and the clean lines pair nicely with many different styles. June is a bit of a free spirit, so we wanted to make sure to add lots of texture and bits of boho like that Rattan chair (also, from Target!) into the mix!
junes-room-9.jpg
One of my personal favorite details in the room is that pegboard! I love how modern and sturdy, yet playful it feels! It’s from Made Mod and was customized to fit the space! We added pieces from a 1950’s era tea set from Germany her mom played with as a child and that June has played with as well, along with a book inscribed by Johnny & June Carter Cash to June’s grandparents.
junes-room-8.jpg
We picked that bench up from Home Goods and it was such a steal! I loved it so much that I moved it around the room, trying different set-ups. Also, that amazing Sable grid lumbar pillow from Juniper Studio would look good in any spot as I moved that lady around quite a bit too!
June plays several instruments including the violin and ukulele, and we gave her ukulele a beautiful place to live as well with a simple and affordable wall mount we grabbed on Amazon.
junes-room-12.jpg
June is also an avid reader, so having storage for her books and personal items was very much needed. The bookshelf served as a nice neutral canvas to layer all her beautiful books and accessories on. We also added a few new pieces to the mix including those fun Origami string lights from PB Teen
junes-room-11.jpg
This project was so much fun and the look on her face (and the happy screams!) when we revealed the whole thing was absolutely priceless and worth all the effort! If you are curious about any of the sources, I’ve got a round up below complete with links!
336x280

Post a Comment

0 Comments