Summer Home Tour : Adding Color to Your Home

iklan 336x280 atas
336x280 tengah
300x600

Summer Home Tour : Adding Color to Your Home

As the days get longer and the weather gets warmer, summer is here! You probably feel like I do in the summer: relaxed and mentally winding down. We are free from routines and even free from heavy jackets. For summer I like to lighten up my home. I roll up heavy rugs, hang sheers, open the windows, and simplify my home. Life takes on a fabulous laid-back approach and feel!

I've teamed up with amazingly talented bloggers/designers on a blog hop to inspire you to bring summer into your homes this season. Feel free to settle in with a cup of coffee or glass of wine as you hop from blog to blog! Once you start hopping it's difficult to stop! A special welcome to those of you hopping over from Amy's blog at Crazy Chic Design. I am always inspired by Amy's beautifully designed home! She is fabulous! A big thank you to my returning followers, I so appreciate you being with me while I create my cozy and seasonal home. Now let's get started with the tour!
As some of you know I live on Monterey Bay on the coast of California. I am inspired by my surroundings when decorating for summer. On our many beach walks my husband and I have collected sea glass, driftwood, and sand dollars. Strolling along the beach and finding these colorful treasures brings a natural enjoyment.  I'm using sea glass as my color palette in my family room. All the elements of the sea, combining sea, sky, and sand in gorgeous shades of blue, green, and grey. Continuing with the glass theme I also pulled out large glass bottles for displaying green leaves. 
Flowers are everywhere in the summer. So I'm inspired to put floral prints and casual flower arrangements in my living room. Right now I can't resist these pink peonies from Trader Joe's. Soon I'll have flowers from my garden, alstroemeria and hydrangeas. I lighten up the bookcase and added a few coastal touches.
Most of our cooking moves to the outside grill. Our dining room isn't used all summer long since we want to spend every minute outside. To decorate the dining room simply, I've placed lanterns on the table and will keep a bouquet of seasonal flowers. 

336x280

Post a Comment

0 Comments